JASON R. SCHINGLER
Estate planning, trust administration, probate, tax, business and real estate transactions
Jason R. Schingler focuses his practice on estate planning, trust administration, probate, tax, business and real estate transactions. Mr. Schingler is experienced in planning for individuals, families and businesses. He works with families and individuals in the drafting and implementation of basic and advanced estate planning documents. He works with fiduciaries and beneficiaries to represent their interests in the administration of estates and trusts and he assists his clients with transfer tax (gift, estate and generation-skipping) planning. Additionally, Mr. Schingler advises corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, among other entities, in the formation and operation of their businesses.
Mr. Schingler completed his undergraduate work at the University of California at Santa Barbara, graduating in 2001 with a B.A. in Global Studies with an emphasis in Economics and Politics. In 2005, Mr. Schingler received his Juris Doctor degree from California Western School of Law. He proceeded to obtain his Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation from University of San Diego in 2006.
Mr. Schingler is licensed to practice law in California and before the United States Tax Court. His notable accomplishments from law school include an American Jurisprudence Award in International Taxation, the Miller, Monson, Peshel, Polacek & Hoshaw scholarship for academic excellence in Tax courses, and the Graduate Law Merit scholarship from University of San Diego.
Recently, Mr. Schingler was chosen to attend the annual California Bar Executive Committee of Taxation’s Washington D.C. delegation to present a paper that he co-authored entitled, Common Ground...Conservation Easements: Matching Conservation Values to the Public with Tax Benefits to the Donors. The paper was presented to various agencies throughout Washington D.C., including the Internal Revenue Service’s Office of Chief Counsel and the Treasury Department.
Mr. Schingler was selected by the San Diego Daily Transcript as one of San Diego County's Best Young Attorneys in 2008 and 2010.
Jason R. Schingler is certified by the State Bar of California as an Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law specialist.
- University of San Diego, Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation, 2006
- California Western School of Law, J.D., 2005
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., 2001
- State Bar of California Certified Legal Specialist in Estate Planning,
Trust & Probate Law
"Common Ground...Conservation Easements: Matching
Conservation Values to the Public with Tax Benefits to the Donors"
- California Tax Lawyer, Volume 17, Number 2, Spring 2008
"Tax Accrual Workpapers Are Not Subject to the Attorney Work
- California Tax Lawyer, Volume 18, Number 4, Fall 2009
SPEECHES / LECTURES:
- “GRATs & CLATs – It’s Now or Never,” 2011 Annual Meeting of
the California Tax Bar and California Tax Policy Conference,
- Publications Chair, Executive Committee, Estate and Gift Tax
Section, State Bar of California
- Past Chair, Executive Committee, Young Tax Lawyers,
State Bar of California
- Past Chair, San Diego Chapter of the Young Tax Lawyers,
Taxation Section, State Bar of California
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIP:
- Member, Taxation Section, State Bar of California
- Member, Trusts and Estates Section, State Bar of California
- Member, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Section, San Diego
County Bar Association
- Member, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Section, North
County Bar Association